Math Tutor Singapore
Hi, I am Dr Loo. I am a currently a full time math tutor in Singapore providing mathematics tuition in Singapore and online math tuition. For instance, I am specificically focus on O-level math tuition & JC H2 math tuition. Thus, feel free to contact me if you would like to engage me as O-level math tutor or JC H2 math tutor.
I am a PhD holder graduate from Doctorate of Finance program since 2017. I have also obtained my qualification in Master in Applied Statistics. In addition to that I have passed CFA level III exam on 2017 as well.
As educator, I have started my teaching career since 2012. Throughout the time, I have taught quantitative related subjects (mathematics, statistics, quantitative analysis, principle of investment, fixed income analysis) at different levels, ranging from secondary, diploma, university to even postgraduate.
With having the opportunities, I am exposed to different teaching environments with diverse background of students, which make me a better educator in delivering knowledge to students.
Following indicates the breakdown of my teaching experience:
8 years of accumulated teaching experience
Institute of Higher Learning
Being mathematics and statistics advisor in Singapore Private University for more than 2.5 years, primary provide professional advices on mathematics and statistics related issues to foundation, undergraduate, master and PhD students as well as the lecturers.
Being tutor, part-time lecturer, assistant professor in Malaysia universities for around 2.5 years
2 years experience teaching IGCSE Maths in International School
> 4 years experience as private tutor teaching secondary to postgraduate for maths related subject
PhD in Finance, UTM (Best Postgraduate Student Award Recipient)
Master in Applied Statistics, UM (Distinction)
Bachelor of Building Surveying, UM
Passed Chartered Financial Analyst Level III examination
Tableau Desktop Specialist
- Loo, W.K., Melati, A, and Suresh, R. (2015). The Dynamic Linkage Among The Asian Reits Market, Pacific Rim Property Research Journal, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 115 – 126. (Scopus-Cited)
- Loo, W.K., Melati, A, and Suresh, R. (2016). Integration between the Asian REIT markets and macroeconomic variables. Journal of Property Investment and Finance, Vol. 43, No. 1, pp. 68 – 82. (Scopus-Cited)
- Loo, W.K., Melati, A, and Suresh, R. (2016). Modeling the volatility of Asian REIT markets. Pacific Rim Property Research Journal, pp. 1 – 13. (Scopus-Cited)
Machine Learning (Neural Network, Random Forest, Extreme Gradient Boosting)
- Loo, W.K. (2019), “Predictability of HK-REITs returns using artificial neural network”, Journal of Property Investment & Finance, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/JPIF-07-2019-0090
- Loo, W.K. (2020), ” Performing technical analysis to predict Japan REITs’ movement through ensemble learning”, Journal of Property Investment & Finance, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print.